We need to drink between 2 and 3 liters of water every day. Sometimes we forget, cause water is so bland and boring, right? Drinking fruit flavored cucumber water counts towards your daily intake of water, and the cucumber and various fruit add flavor to the mix.
On top of being really healthy and refreshing, cucumber water offers a unique opportunity: in a beautiful tall glass recipient, pitcher or jar, it is pleasing to the eye and it gives off a wonderful smell.
Use this wonderful almost calorie free drink in various diets. The secret to losing weight fast using cucumber water is simple: as long as you drink a lot of it, the fruit flavored cucumber water keeps you hydrated and helps you feel full.
Cucumbers are high in antioxidants (vitamin K, vitamin A, Magnesium, Calcium, etc). The potassium they contain is very important to muscle energy, so active people should drink lots of cucumber water. It can also help people who suffer from osteoporosis.
Tips for perfect fruit flavored cucumber water:
- Refrigerate for at least 2-4 hours.
- Replace the cucumbers or any other fruit if mushy. After one day, they may need refreshing.
- Refresh/replenish the water in the pitcher when needed.
- Use fresh fruit and ginger.
Cucumber and fruit flavored waterCourse: DrinksCuisine: GlobalDifficulty: Easy
A nice alternative to flat water: fruit flavored cucumber water.
6 cups flat water
1-2 lemons or 2 limes sliced thin
a pinch of salt
fresh mint or basil leaves
1 tablespoon diced ginger
2 English/4 pickling cucumbers sliced thin
fresh blueberries, blackberries, strawberries to taste
- add the cucumbers, ginger, lemon and salt to a large pitcher or tall glass
- pour in the water and stir well
- add the fresh fruit
- refrigerate for at least a few hours/overnight to allow perfect infusion
- drink within 2-3 days. You can refresh the drink a few times topping the pitcher with fresh water.
- Cucumber water is a highly hydrating drink. Its health benefits include improving bone and skin health, weight loss, lowering blood pressure and fresh breath.
Check out 5 fruit cucumber water suggestions with gorgeous photos:
Check out a nice apple cobbler recipe now that you’re here. It takes only a few minutes to prepare and it is delicious!
Do you have any easy recipe suggestions? Send me a message!
Check out my Instagram for recipes, reviews and (uplifting) stories about a foodie’s life in Bucharest, the capital Romania.
Looking for 2 ingredient dinner ideas? Check this Bacon-wrapped bok choy recipe by John MacDonald: