Yoast, my right hand, tells me that I need the recipe title in the first paragraph, so here it is: Easy Low Carb Creamy Carrots and Mushrooms in White Sauce on Cooking Romania by Vivi :). Joke aside, this is one of the easiest and yummiest low carb keto recipes you can cook in exactly 20 minutes! You need only 5 main ingredients and no patience is necessary. Clean the carrots, onions and mushrooms and voila! you have the best low carb lunch or dinner for you and your loved one in only 15 minutes.
What Can You Find on Cooking Romania by Vivi?
On Cooking Romanian by vivi we promote unsophisticated, fast, easy yet delicious recipes you can cook in under 1 hour! It is a lifelong passion of ours, mother and daughter shoulder to shoulder, camera to phone, spoon to pots and pans. Cooking is our passion, hobby and side job. We don’t live to eat, but we definitely eat to share recipes with all of you amazing lovely and obviously busy people. Our easy recipes for busy people are all tested and enjoyed by thousands of foodies around the world. Our unsophisticated yet delish dishes will make you lick your fingers! All photos and videos are shot, edited and prepared with love by my daughter Adara and I. As we hail from Bucharest, Romania, we post popular Romanian recipes. Additionally, we focus on low carb dishes and student friendly food.
Easy Low Carb Creamy Carrots and Mushrooms in White Sauce Recipe
Today’s Easy Low Carb Creamy Carrots and Mushrooms in White Sauce is really easy, as we have already mentioned. Why don’t you take a look at the short recipe video below and tell us what you think :). Try this recipe and if you are happy with the result, come back and share photos, leave a comment, please tell us you enjoyed our work. it means the world to Adara and vivi.
Before we start, please visit our Youtube Channel and show us some love! Subscribing is only one click away! We don’t post annoyingly often, so don’t worry about us hitting your inbox too often. Our promise is to always post easy low carb recipes for young people and professionals who want to try cooking at home.
Youtube: Cooking Romania by Vivi
We are also on Instagram, and for your information, we post quite often:
Instagram: Cooking Romania by Vivi
Easy Low Carb Creamy Carrots and Mushrooms in White SauceCourse: Uncategorized
Easy Low Carb Creamy Carrots and Mushrooms in White Sauce is one of the most popular recipes in our household. We love heavy cream (sour cream in Romania), carrots, mushrooms and green onion. You can add chicken, butter, white wine, ginger, curry or lime leaves to it. Don’t hesitate to add ingredients to your liking to this basic recipe!
2 large carrots chopped
3 green onions chopped
15 large mushrooms sliced
salt to taste
1/2 cup sour cream
100 g cheese spread
1/2-1 cup water
2 tbsp. fresh or dried parsley
olive oil for cooking
- Slice carrots, mushrooms, onions.
- In a wok add the olive oil, onion and carrots.
- Add salt and spices.
- Sauté over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Stir gently. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add water.
- Allow to cook over low heat for 5 min.
- Add sour cream.
- Add cheese and parsley. Cook another 2 minutes.
- You can substitute the green onion for white onion.
- Don’t overcook; the crunchier the better.
- Check out the carrot and mushroom facts below :).
- Don’t forget you can add chicken, butter, curry or lime leaves, white wine or ginger to this recipe.
8 Amazing Facts about Carrots
- Carrots are usually orange, but they can also be white, yellow, red, and purple.
- People first grew carrots as medicine, not food.
- Carrots are 88% water.
- Carrots can be traced back about 5,000 years. The exact location where they appeared first is not known because in the beginning many people mistook them for parsnips.
- Carrots were first grown in Afghanistan. Carrots are grown everywhere throughout the world today, yet the first cultivated carrot was recorded in Afghanistan around 1000 AD.
- The carrot is an excellent source of vitamin A. Carrots are loaded with beta-carotene, a natural chemical that the body changes into vitamin A.
- Cooked carrots are better for you then eat carrots raw. There is 2-4% of beta-carotene in raw carrots whilst cooking them provides you with 40% of the vitamin.
- You can leave them in the ground all winter.
More Carrot Recipes on Cooking Romania by Vivi
Here are two fabulous Tomato Soup recipes you can cook extremely fast! Check out these beauties:
Fun Facts about Mushrooms
For some fun facts about mushrooms and a lovely easy low carb recipe with delicious baked mushrooms, click here:
Vivi is a passionate teacher, story teller and photographer. Adara is a passionate accountant, businesswoman and videographer. On Cooking Romania by Vivi, the Mom and Daughter play together at the intersection of self and food mastery.
Do you have any easy recipe suggestions? Send me a message!