Welcome back to Cooking Romania by Vivi! I am so happy to share my Easy Apple Cobbler recipe with you today.
According to What’s Cooking America,
“Cobblers are an American deep-dish fruit dessert or pie with a thick crust (usually a biscuit crust) and a fruit filling (such as peaches, apples, berries). Some versions are enclosed in the crust, while others have a drop-biscuit or crumb topping.“
This is definitely one of the top easiest desserts ever. It is a filling, smooth, egg free dessert that takes only a few minutes to prepare. Watch the recipe video of our super simple version below, to see how easy it is to make an apple cobbler!
Tips for the perfect apple cobbler:
- Cut the apples in medium size cubes.
- Make sure that the batter is not too runny (add flour if needed).
- Don’t stir the batter or the apples on top of it.
- Allow to cool at least 20-30 minutes before serving.
Easy Apple CobblerCourse: DessertCuisine: American, EnglishDifficulty: Easy
Apple Cobbler is the best and easiest dessert. It takes only a few minutes and the cinnamon and vanilla will remind you of your childhood :).
2 large apples, peeled, cored and cut in cubes
2 tbls brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/3 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup almond milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Combine apples, sugar and cinnamon and set aside
- Melt butter and pour into a round or square baking dish
- Stir flour, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl
- Add milk and vanilla and stir gently until smooth. Add more flour if too runny.
- Add baking powder and stir until all combined
- Pour batter evenly over melted butter, do not stir
- Place apples evenly on top of batter and do not stir
- Bake for 50 minutes until edges are browned and filling is bubbly
- Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes before serving with vanilla icecream or whipped cream
- The calorie value for one serving is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. However, it depends on the ingredients you use.
Here are some photos of some of our previous apple cobblers. As you can see, apple cobbler is a very easy recipe and the result is quite nice every time. In the photo below, you can notice that I did not peel the apples :)).
This one was a bit over-baked, but it still tasted great!
Looking for beverages ideas? Check out 5 easy, absolutely fantastic fruit flavored cucumber water recipes.
Can I interest you in an Easy fruit chia pudding?
Or some Berry Napolitane?
Do you have any easy recipe suggestions? Send me a message!
And last but not least, what about a wonderful American Fluffy Banana Bread recipe?