Guest post by John W. MacDonald, your food friend
You can pretty much wrap anything in bacon and make foods even more palatable. I don’t think I’ve seen this particular combination before and thought I would give it a try. If you like bacon wrapped asparagus, for example, you might want to give this a try.
I love bok choy and wanted to do something different with it other than just steaming it. Just add bacon!
Not only that, I did it in the barbecue for an extra layer of smoky aroma.
Bacon-Wrapped Bok ChoyCourse: Low carb and ketoCuisine: GlobalDifficulty: Easy
One strip of your favourite streaky bacon should be enough to wrap each bok choy bundle. There should be no need to use toothpicks. It makes for a juicy savoury appetizer. Bacon-wrapped bok choy is a super easy dish for those nights you want something fast and tasty.
- Carefully soak and rinse the bok choy prior to wrapping in bacon to remove any sandy sediment which is very common in bok choy.
- You may want to trim off the root end as needed.
- Place wrapped bok choy together in a roasting pan.
- Sprinkle some seasoning if you wish.
- Barbecue over moderate heat till the bacon is crispy or done to your liking.
- You will notice that the bok choy will be crispy on the exposed leaf edges yet retain its moisture on the inside.
Before and after photos of bacon-wrapped bok choy:
Check out one of my cool Instagram posts!
Check out some more delightful low carb and keto posts on Cooking Romania by Vivi:
Stay in touch, please :). Subscribe to Cooking Romania by Vivi:
Here are all recipe categories on Cooking Romania by Vivi:
Check out my Instagram for recipes, reviews and (uplifting) stories about a foodie’s life in Bucharest, the capital Romania.
Some other beautiful guest posts on Cooking Romania by Vivi:
Do you have any easy recipe suggestions? Send me a message!