My daughter had avocado toast with egg for breakfast on half of the mornings when she was living in England. This 4 ingredient filling breakfast is perfect for university students and young professionals.
Check out another super easy and delicious avocado recipe.
Overnight oats and oatmeal, cereal of any kind, chia pudding and avocado toast are the top 4 breakfast ideas in my book for students who need lots of energy in the morning. Avocado is high in fiber, so you won’t need snacks before lunch.
For lunch and dinner students cook fajitas, pasta, curry, chicken stir-fry, jacket potatoes, beans, spinach and tons of other carb loaded dishes. We will cover all of these easy recipes on Cooking Romania by Vivi and suggest some mouthwatering Romanian dishes such as “fasole batuta”, “salata de vinete”, etc. Subscribe to this site to receive updates of new recipes:
Stay in touch, please :). Subscribe to Cooking Romania by Vivi:
Tips for this recipe:
- Use a ripe avocado and preferably mash it with a fork.
- Skip the 2 kinds of cheese in the recipe if you’re not a dairy fan.
- Before you decide how to cook the eggs, please consider fried, boiled (sliced), poached or scrambled eggs. They are all equally perfect for this recipe!
Avocado toast with egg recipe
Avocado toast with eggCourse: BreakfastCuisine: GlobalDifficulty: Easy
Watch the short recipe video below and just follow the steps.
1/2 an avocado
2 large eggs
2 large slices of wholegrain bread
3-4 teaspoons spreadable cheese
2 slices of cheese
chili flakes, salt, black pepper to taste
olive oil/butter for cooking
- toast the slices of bread until golden brown
- top with spreadable cheese and slices of cheese
- dice/mash avocado in a bowl
- add avocado on top of cheese
- sprinkle chili flakes, salt, pepper
- fry eggs in a non-stick pan (use olive oil or butter)
- place eggs on top of avocado
- sprinkle more salt, chili, pepper to taste
- Remember! You can top bread with fried, boiled (sliced), poached or scrambled eggs. Use a ripe avocado and preferably mash it with a fork. Skip the 2 kinds of cheese in the recipe if you’re not a dairy fan.
- The calorie value for one serving is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. However, it depends on the ingredients you use.
Do you have any easy recipe suggestions? Send me a message!
Check out my Instagram for recipes, reviews and (uplifting) stories about a foodie’s life in Bucharest, the capital Romania.