Cooking Romania by Vivi is dedicated to my Granny, Victoria and it is my legacy to my daughter, Adara. I write easy recipes for busy people.
My name is Vivi and I was born in 1973, in Bucharest, Romania. This cooking blog is a token of love for my daughter and my paternal Granny, Victoria. I am a teacher and I like cooking, writing and photography. More about me here.
This cooking blog contains fun and easy recipes for busy people. Cooking Romania by Vivi mainly addresses businesspersons with a sense of cooking. I don’t have a lot of time to cook (although I would love to LIVE in the kitchen), so I thought I should share some tips and tricks that have made my life easy and my culinary talents quite popular, whatever that means.
11 things about me
- My daughter, who is 19 in 2020, has always been my teacher. She has taught me to be the mother I never had, and to be a better person every single day.
- Cooking has played an important role in my life since the age of 6. I started helping my Granny in her tiny kitchen, and later food and cooking became my number 3 passion. For me, cooking is love.
- Although I am not a chef, I am an unsophisticated creative, passionate and practical food enthusiast who loves cooking and plays at the intersection of food and self mastery. I use cooking as a form of meditation. This blog has the sole purpose of helping busy people prepare easy and fast recipes.
- I love humans and all beings equally. I think that everything happens for a reason, and that reason is some form of advancement.
- I have been a teacher all my life. I have taught since 1990.
- I was the sole caregiver for my Granny (20 years, she passed in 2012) and for my grandfather (6 years, he passed in 2018).
- Favorites are not my favorite thing; I love all colors, foods and whatever comes my way is more than welcome.
- I am a Taurus, so yes, apparently we all love food.
- After a long break, I restarted my spiritual journey in 2013. I write about my self-realization journey on The Vivi.
- I have been following a low carb sometimes even keto lifestyle since November 2018. I have lost 11 kilos since.
- Concert and food photography is passion number 4. This is one of my dearest and most famous photos:
One way to stay close if you like what you see on my site, is to subscribe and receive new post updates in your inbox. I post every other day or so :).
Stay in touch, please :). Subscribe to Cooking Romania by Vivi:
I love my life, I love spending time with my daughter (as my grandmother did when I was young). This blog is my homage to my Granny. I am passing the tradition of involving young ladies in cooking, as my Granny did since I was 6.
I always say that my daughter is not only my first (quite often picky) customer, but my right hand, too.
I am very proud of my cooking, and I am confident that you, dear follower of Cooking Romania by Vivi will find my tips and tricks useful. Just as I learned everything I know about cooking from my grandmother, a wonderful lady, an amazing tender and loving granny who passed away in 2012 at the age of 92, you may find one day that a vegetable soup is not such a difficult thing to prepare after all. Enjoy my unsophisticated culinary journey, and don’t forget: food is fun! For me it’s fun to shop, to cook and to eat! Let’s dig in!
Check out my Instagram for recipes, reviews and (uplifting) stories about a foodie’s life in Bucharest, the capital Romania.
If you have any questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to email me at viviana @ cookingromania.vivianaball dot ro. I would love to hear from you. Or just fill in the form below:
Do you have any easy recipe suggestions? Send me a message!